Monday, August 10, 2009

Darla


Darla was born in Virginia Beach, Virginia on July 17th, 2007. She came into this world as a stray along with another brother and sister. She and her siblings were found by a vigilant citizen when they were the tender age of 3 weeks old, clinging to the lifeless body of their mother. She had been hit in the road by a careless motorist.

Darla came in to my life about a month later as a surprise from my roommate at the time. She had been adopted once already to a home that had an older male cat, who did not take to the energetic kitten very well. The concerned foster parent placed an ad on the local Craig's List, which my friend happened to see.

When I first met Darla, I had a hole in my heart made by a beautiful cat named Alice I had lost in a messy break-up. I had foolishly said to myself that I will never love another cat again. Boy, was I wrong!

After a long nights work, my friend had picked me up and told me there was someone at the apartment who wanted to meet me. Thinking it was a potential suitor, I mumbled to myself about being smelly from work. But when I got home there was a little ball of fluff wrapped in a baby blue blanket waiting to say hello. It was one of those moments frozen in time that I will always remember.

After shedding the initial happy tears, we became fast friends. And as her friend I vowed to take good care of her. Which brings me to why I am writing this blog.

As everyone knows, times are tough, and without a job or any prospects, I have been struggling to provide for Darla. I do not believe the axiom that 'if you can't afford the vet, you can't afford the pet". I can't afford to live without my treasured friend and companion.

Any support such as subscribing, commenting, or donating would be greatly appreciated by Darla and myself. We will thank you for your continued support by fresh postings inspired by Darla and her daily shenanigans.

Much Love,
Josh and Darla.

No comments:

Post a Comment